I got this recipe courtesy of mamafami...thanks for sharing :)
500 g rice flour
300 g cooked rice (blended with a bit of water)
1 litre coconut milk (lukewarm)
1 1/2 teaspoons instant dried yeast
salt to taste
1. Mix well, all the ingredients.
2. Set aside to ferment for at least 2 hours. The thickness is similar to Kuih Cara's batter
3. Heat the serabai mould, I used a small non stick pan since I don't have the special mould and grease with a bit of oil.
4. Pour the batter 3/4 full into the serabai mould. Cook on small fire.
As for the syrup I used sweet potato instead of banana and maple syrup goes nicely too..
1 cup brown sugar (gula melaka)
2 cups coconut milk
2 bananas/1 small sweet potato - cubed
Salt to taste
2 screwpine leaves (daun pandan) - knotted
1. Mix all the ingredients in a pot.
2. Cook till the syrup thickens - mine, not thick enough :(