Cendol Jelly Adapted From Table For Two...Or More.
25gm jelly strips with 7ml water
250 ml coconut milk
small pinch of salt
30gm corn starch - to make the cendol floating
500gm cendol (2 cups, drained)
1) Mix jelly powder with 250ml water, set aside
2) Mix cornstarch, salt and coconut milk together, set aside.
3) Bring 500ml water and sugar to boil. When solution has come to a boil, pour in jelly mixture.
4) Bring to a boil again, lower heat and pour in cornstarch mixture, stirring all the while.
5) On medium heat , bring back to a boil. Remove from heat and put in drained cendol. Mix well.
6) Pour into jelly cups.
7) Let it cool for about an hour.
8) Use cookie cutter to cut out the center of the jelly.
9) Set aside and do the brown layer.
200gm gula melaka
2 pandan leaves - knotted
25gm jelly strips with 7ml water.
1) Bring 750ml water, gula melaka and pandan knot to a boil and simmer until the gula melaka has totally dissolved.
2) Mix jelly powder with 250ml water and pour into the pot. Bring to a boil again.
3) Remove pot from heat.
4) Pour in brown layer slowly, carefully using a sieve and let it set and cool down.
5) Chill in fridge.